cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Webex - Suggestions for new features

agoulette
Level 1
Level 1

My client currently has a voice mailbox system where a dispatch or triage person listens to voicemails when nurses are in clinic. Currently that triage person has to dial in to each individual nurse's voicemail just to see if they have voicemails, and the Webex admin portal only allows 1 email address to be added to send voicemails as email attachments to. My client and I would like to see multiple emails able to receive voicemail attachments from a single voice mailbox, as well as being able to give the triage person (or any user) the ability to see when voicemails come in for all nurses, like a console that will tell them exactly when a new voicemail comes in for each nurse without having to sign in to each individual nurse's inbox. The triage user would have to only receive voicemails from nurses, and only nurses that are in clinic and unable to take their calls. The triage user would also need the ability to see if the voicemail has been listened to by the nurses so that they can skip those and know those are already taken care of (aka if the nurse is not in clinic and is able to take calls, the triage user would be able to see they have listened to that voicemail and can then move on to other unchecked voicemails to better prioritize). Can we please make this happen? Thank you!

5 Replies 5

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3

Have you looked into using a shared mailbox to allow multiple people to monitor the same e-mail account?  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/email/create-a-shared-mailbox?view=o365-worldwide

I am aware of this, and have considered it, but the problem with this is it would make us pool all of the nurses and the triage user into one shared mailbox. That will get real messy and is not an option. The nurses will not be able to stay organized if they have to sift through which of the voicemails actually belong to them. We would need to have just the nurses receive their own individual voicemails via email and not for any other nurses. Only the triage user should receive voicemails from all the nurses. We can't remove the individual nurses from the voicemail to email because we need both the individual nurse and the triage user to receive those (and Webex only allows one to be added). An alternative would be to create a shared mailbox for each individual nurse and add that one nurse and triage user to it, add that to Webex, but that would also get equally messy managing a large amount of shared mailboxes used just for 2 users each. This is why I request the ability to simply add a 2nd email in Webex to forward the voicemails to. That simple addition would make their lives much easier (and mine).

Hi,

Instead of using Shared Mailbox, you can try to use Distribution List. This would allow each Nurse to show VM as new message and listen to it even if has been already listened from other colleagues and never miss a message. The notification email should indicate for wich VMbox is destinated the attached message.

Please let me knox

HTH

BR

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@agoulette This partner facing portal is monitored by Cisco business units for feature requests: https://ciscocollaboration.ideas.aha.io/ideas

If you or your customer would like to submit the idea to the customer facing portal, that one is here: https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/

Response Signature

Thank you. I will check these out.