Views
Helpful
Replies

Cloud Registered Endpoints Ultrasound Pairing Options

zztopping
Level 4
Level 4

My question is twofold:

1) Can you disable wireless screen sharing on an endpoint? In a classroom setting, some professors may want to limit students from pranking the classroom with inappropriate screenshares from the back of the class.

2) Can you disable 'remote call control' of a Webex Device thats paired with a Webex Teams client? In meeting settings, some users hang up calls by unintentionally closing meeting windows when automatically paired in webex teams on laptops

3 Replies 3

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
You can turn the ultrasound volume down to 0, which forces manual pairing by PIN only.

When manually paired, a student could still use the pin code to share the screen. Is there a way to lock down the device from pairing with anyone (except a wired hdmi share)?

Also, i see no options for disabling callcontrol over 'proximity' like you can on on-prem devices.

Hi,

Other than ultrasound volume - check out the application deployment guide - https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/collaboration/webex_centers/esp/cisco_webex_meetings_it_administrator_mass_deployment_guide.pdf

I dont know how your student machines are setup, but there are a few installer options to disable the Connect to a Device, both on prem proximty and cloud devices. I have not tried these myself, but worth a shot.