cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deputy Director, Information Technology

chendersonstlco
Level 1
Level 1

I am using WebEvents to host public sessions for the County Council.  The Council and other people that need to present are Panelists and all citizens are attendees.  The County Executive submits his remarks via an MP4 file.  I play the file using the "Share-File".  My understanding is that this is the best way to share a MP4.  If you know a better way, please tell me.File-Share.png

The actual WebEx operates as expected, but I have problems with the recording.  The following information only refers to the download or streaming video that is recorded by WebEx.

If I run a meeting where I am doing normal sharing, or no sharing, I can see the meeting participants in full screen when not sharing.  See the image below.

How video should look..PNG

When I share a file in the meeting, the recording of the entire meeting looks like the image below.  while this would be acceptable while the video is playing, this condition exists during the entire meeting.  The meeting is normally 1 hour long, and the video only plays for 5 to 10 minutes in the middle of the meeting.  The sharing isn't performed until it is time for the video to play.  Sharing is then stopped on the video.

Bad Recording.PNG

2 Replies 2

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Please ask you Cisco partner to enable Video Centric recording. Then you will get options to set your prefered layout for recordings as shown here: https://help.webex.com/en-us/530fzu/Select-the-Screen-Layout-for-Recordings-in-Webex-Meetings-and-Webex-Events
While you are at it, make sure they enable MP4 format for the recordings and Recording Transcripts.

As for sharing content, I just open it on my PC and share the app, just make sure you select "Optimize for motion and video" and "Share your computer audio" so that the video plays smoothly and people also hear the audio part of it. If you do not see those options, you might be on a special version of Webex - please check with your Cisco partner or support team to enable these for you if possible.

Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 23.18.31.png

I found out from Cisco Support that when using Events, this function is not supported.