cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to convert .webex file into .mp4?

PVRamana
Level 1
Level 1

How to convert .webex file into .mp4? I had a recording of 2h30m session today. After ending the webex, WebEx used to convert the file into .mo4 automatically. But today it did not happen. Pl guide me.

1 Accepted Solution

kevinmu0206
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You might want to try this steps to force Webex to reconvert you .webex file:

1. Identify the location of the file to converted.
  2. Open your Webex and start new meeting
  3. Start Webex meeting recording and ensure the destination is same with file to be converted. Named it differently from the file to be converted.
  4. After about 5-10 sec recording, stop your recording
  5. Go to your destination file location and delete file created in step 3 (new recording file). Rename file to be converted same as in step 3
  6. End your meeting in webex and your file to be converted will start to convert.

It works like charm for me~!

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

I just renamed the .webex to .mp4... and like magic - it's working.

mahmoud.samy
Level 1
Level 1

Brilliant Idea
The idiot program start converting formats already
Ha Ha Ha
Thank you, thank you, thank you,
With Regards

kevinmu0206
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

You might want to try this steps to force Webex to reconvert you .webex file:

1. Identify the location of the file to converted.
  2. Open your Webex and start new meeting
  3. Start Webex meeting recording and ensure the destination is same with file to be converted. Named it differently from the file to be converted.
  4. After about 5-10 sec recording, stop your recording
  5. Go to your destination file location and delete file created in step 3 (new recording file). Rename file to be converted same as in step 3
  6. End your meeting in webex and your file to be converted will start to convert.

It works like charm for me~!

I tried to rename to mp4, well, that worked, but the video was funky at the beginning, later on it is okay, but quite a bit more pixel in it than normal. I did the start meeting, wait, stop, delete the file, rename the one and supposedly it is going. Hasn't finished yet...

However, I wonder if the cause is due to when you are done with the meeting, it starts off changing it. Well, I had another meeting right after that started and I started recording. Would that mess up the one of being converted?

Best hack ever. 

Worked just fine!

Thanks!

it says nbrschd.exe is missing.  where can I get it.