Views
Helpful
Replies

<user> cannot be added. Use the Convert User option to move this user

mm322
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

while attempting to add into the Control Hub a user (whose email domain was verified few days ago) I get the message:"<user> cannot be added. Use the Convert User option to move this user into the organization."

In my understanding I should find such user in the "Claim User" (as well as in the "export users outside my organization) section.

Here I find hundreds of users matching the verified domains, but not the one I am looking for.

Any suggestion on this?

Thanks

MM

2 Accepted Solutions

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

Open a case with the Webex team.  They can find the user for you and help.  Not all users will show in the "claim user" page, they can delete the user for you that is stuck and have you create the user again if that is really the problem.  I have had this happen to me a few times where the user created a free Webex user account.

View solution in original post

EdmondsM12
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi mm32,

You can't find this users because they most likely are currently in another org.  If the user is in another org they will have to be moved over to your org.  If you delete them they will loose all chat history.  If you have the option which allows users to bring there chats, when the user is moved by TAC they will regain there chat history.

Hope this help

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

EdmondsM12
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi mm32,

You can't find this users because they most likely are currently in another org.  If the user is in another org they will have to be moved over to your org.  If you delete them they will loose all chat history.  If you have the option which allows users to bring there chats, when the user is moved by TAC they will regain there chat history.

Hope this help

Thanks EdmondsM12 I eventually contacted the TAC and their response confirmed your explanation: the user in question is in another org.

I will accept yours as a solution.

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

Open a case with the Webex team.  They can find the user for you and help.  Not all users will show in the "claim user" page, they can delete the user for you that is stuck and have you create the user again if that is really the problem.  I have had this happen to me a few times where the user created a free Webex user account.

Accepted yours as a solution just like the above post.

Many thanks for your help jrsteele21.