cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting with more then 25 participants - but showing all on a screen.

Spotunit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! I have a problem with showing more than 25 participants an a screen.

I'll try to explain: I'm doing a livestream for a political event through their Webex Meetings account. So the meeting comes from them, I deliver the video signal and also put everything on a screen in the hall.

Now here's the problem: There are, say, 32 people participating via Webex. Now the meeting leader MUST see on the screen ALL 32 PEOPLE AT THE SAME TIME, so that legally everything is ok. Now I had thought I would take one laptop that shows people 1-25 and a second laptop that is also dialed into the session and show people 26-32 here, but unfortunately that doesn't work.

Because firstly in each session the arrangement of the participants is different and secondly if I switch to the second side, here again the participants of the FIRST screen repeat themselves (I attached you a picture from a session yesterday, you can see by the names of the participants). This brings of course the meeting leader in big problems, because he sees then each participant possibly TWICE, so he can not count e.g. a vote, because then e.g. "Dr Riederle" would be counted twice.

Can you tell me how to solve this problem? That on ONE screen are 1-25 and on the SECOND screen really only 26-32 or more (up to 50)? Is there anywhere I can set this? My problem is also that yes I can't test it because I can't open a session with 40 participants, how should I do that... So this is really only live in the real situation, but there it's too late.

I took the screenshot yesterday and you see that the people (inserted names) are repeated on the 2nd page.

Do you understand my problem? It would be so great if you have a solution!

Thank you very much, Sebastian

2 Replies 2

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

the 25 user is a hard limit within the desktop app and the web application.

You could use some dummy accounts that also join your meeting. These dummy users use their own private browsing window moving 25 different users to the stage. If you arrange your browser windows good enough, you should be able to have multiple 25-user-views.

You could use those browser for observating the members and your Webex app for interacting with the group..

Hello! I know that the limit is 25, I do this anyway with the dummy accounts. The problem is that each time I dial in with a different account, the participants are arranged differently. Is there any way to arrange all participants according to some rule? Alphabetically, by dial-in time, etc? With this I could possibly solve the problem. But I can't try it out, because I can only have more than 25 participants in the meeting in a real live situation. Is there a possibility to SORT the participants in the view? Does that perhaps work with - as you write - me getting selected 25 on stage? Is it possible with so many? And with the other account I get others up to 25 on stage?  THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!