Views
Helpful
Replies

Navigator Won't Downgrade to ce9.15.3.26

philekiert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with a Room Kit Plus batch that arrived with software version ce10.8.3.1. We need to downgrade them to either ce9.15.3.25 or .26 for our service, but I can't get the Navigator to connect to the codec after downgrading in order to receive the new software package. It just hangs on "Establishing connection". A factory reset on the Navigator doesn't help.

ce9.15 definitely supports the Navigator, and I've been able to upgrade Navigators to this version in the past, it's just downgrading that seems to be a problem. Has anyone else come across this? I was wondering if something could be done through the USB service port, but can't find anything in the docs.

Thanks for any help

2 Replies 2

It sounds like you are registering these to On Prem? I have had similar issues with a set of Mini Kits I received recently. If you factory reset the device with the Navigator plugged in to it and when it comes back up to register the device, choose the Cloud. This usually causes the devices to upgrade before allowing you to complete the register. Then click register to On Prem and this should fix your issue (at least for me it did so my On Prem Server could down grade the devices to the version we are running). Hope this helps.

That's a really good thought, but no unfortunately we aren't able to connect these to the cloud as we're on a completely isolated network for security reasons. I'm literally just manually putting in the required static network information to get to the web interface, and doing the downgrade from there. I've tried a factory reset on both devices, but no luck, the Navigator just won't see the codec anymore once it's on ce9.15.