cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Control Access not working for some users

cwethington
Level 1
Level 1

For our organization, we can share our screens, but some users are able to give/receive remote control access and others aren't. 

For example, when I am screensharing with coworker A, I can give them access, but 5 minutes later when I screenshare with coworker B, I cannot give them access and they cannot request it. We are all using the Webex app for desktop - Windows.

Is this a setting or something we can troubleshoot?

2 Replies 2

scooter1970
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same issues. Sometimes the request remote is available and other times it is not. Have you found a solution?

Danny Servantez Jr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @cwethington, Is this something that is isolated to the same users not able to use the remote control feature or does it follow the example you provided where it works the initial attempt with any user and fails when trying a second time in that same meeting?

If it is the same users might be worth a shot to try an uninstall/reinstall for an affected user to see if that corrects the issue. If this is a random user issue but reproducible I would strongly suggest a support case be opened to try and root out what is causing the issue.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.