Views
Helpful
Replies

Video device not prompting for user PIN

kdawilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've onboarded a new user today for Webex Meetings.  

We have several Webex Room Devices that users can host meetings on, Rooms Kits and SX20s etc.  Up to now our users have been prompted for a PIN when hosting a meeting on a Room device.  My new user created today is automatically admitted to her Personal Rm when dialed from a Room. 

I notice in her Personal Room preferences that the setting Video conferencing systems in my organization can start a join meetings without a prompt is ticked.  For all other users in our subscription this is unticked.  The setting is greyed out on the user preference page.

How is this controlled?

Thanks

Keith

1 Reply 1

Mark Turpin
Level 5
Level 5

Likely the user was added after the new feature PIN-less Join Improvement was added. I believe this was in release 39.5 - Administration - Feature Summary for the Cisco Webex Meetings Suite (WBS39)  - Join Without a Pin from a Cloud-Registered Video Conferencing System.

If you goto control hub, meetings, click your site, configure your site, and then click goto schedule meeting options, you'll find the following two checkboxes that control this feature.

- Video conferencing systems in my organization can start and join meetings without a prompt

- Allow users to change this preference

--
-Mark Turpin
Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.