cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebeEx Device connectior login issue

AnantSharma2616
Level 1
Level 1

I am facing this issue when trying to login to Webex device connector for the first time:

+++++++++++++++

Certificate validation failed for sso.it.*******.com

You can add certificates to the .webexdeviceconnector\certs directory in Base-64 encoded X.509 (.CER) format
+++++++++++++++
Anyone has any idea about it?Error.jpg
8 Replies 8

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

The login screen error message is something different which I didn't receive when I tried in my environment. But to add it to this post, you can connect to CUCM using IP or hostname without validating certificates. Below is screenshot for your reference:

ProceedWithoutCertificateValidation.png

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Have you added any certificate to the directory that the information message specify? We added our CM Tomcat certificate for each cluster to the directory.

Response Signature

Its the first time I am trying to login to this. As per documentation, I need to sign in using my webex full admin account. I dont think CUCM certs will into question until I set it up for Hybrid calling. If I use the "Try sign in using the access code" option, it works fine. 

The content of the discussed folder.

Snag_5acd7b.png

Response Signature

This is what we added, I can check tomorrow in details. There are more use cases than just Hybrid Calling for this application.

Response Signature

I understand that there are other use cases for this but my query is that when installing it for the first time, you need your webex admin creds. It's not aware of any CUCM servers. Attached the log file from device connector. Maybe someone from the webex tac team might help.

BTW if you want help from TAC you're better of opening a SR with them.

Response Signature

Do your client computer have the certificates in it's trust store that is used for the IdP? As you seem to use ADFS I guess that you have a internal CA that is used to sign the certificates for ADFS. Is that root CA, and intermediate if applicable, present in the client computer trust store?

Response Signature