Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx audio not connecting when in Windows 10 VPN

kumar.krishna1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends,

When i am connected to Windows 10 VPN, my WebEx session is not connecting my computer audio. when i attempt to "use computer for audio", im getting "Cant Connect to audio" message. Audio is working well when i am not in VPN from the same machine. All the VPN users from my office are facing this issue. Is there anything wrong with windows 10 VPN? Please advice. Attached the error screenshots.

4 Replies 4

WayneCurley3100
Level 1
Level 1

We are getting a similar issue when connecting audio using my computer only on VPN. We get a pop-up "Connecting to audio" It can take as long as 90 seconds to get connected wiht audio but we finally get connected. You are able to join quickly if you connect with only video at first then connect wiht audio once you are in the meeting. This is only happening on VPN for us as well. Working with Cisco on the issue

JackPiao
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue,  how you fix?  thanks

If you are having no audio, you will want to bring this to the attention of your IT department, as likely the VPN is not configured to allow the necessary ports or other networking issue that could be causing this intentionally or otherwise.  Here are the network requirements to allow Webex meetings through a firewall: https://help.webex.com/en-us/article/WBX264/How-Do-I-Allow-Webex-Meetings-Traffic-on-My-Network?#id_135400 and there could be specific configuration on the company's VPN affecting media traffic as well.

Response Signature

RowanRoth
Level 1
Level 1

I have had issues as well with Webex, VPN and Windows 10.

According to best practices:

Turn off VPN. Your employer may have provided you with a VPN (virtual private network) service that allows you to use the company network while working remotely. Often, VPN can limit the bandwidth available to Webex. You can use Webex Meetings outside of VPN for the best experience

This was found on:  https://www.webex.com/content/dam/webex/eopi/assets/WebexMeetings_BestPractices.pdf

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.