cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

Webex Camera view is too small

Hello,

We've been struggling since the last Webex update to figure out how to make the image of our webcam video larger on the screen. It used to be able to go full screen and now is just a tiny postage stamp. We plug in a camera and have to show things on our whiteboards as well as around the room to our meeting attendees online. I can't even aim the camera correctly anymore because the on-screen video is now so tiny. Surely, there must be a way to increase the size so you can actually see what the camera is aimed at?

Thanks for any help!

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted

Spoiler
Spoiler
I've read this entire thread and am glad I'm not alone. I have the latest version of Webex (40.8.2.17) and have the same problem. I'm surprised something basic like this (being able to see your own camera feed in the grid along with other participants) ever made it past their user testing during the development process. It is weird we have to discuss this at all. Clumsy workarounds and snide comments from maladjusted techies are all nice on a user forum, but it still leaves us with a basic problem: when you're on a simple video call you want to see yourself as well as the other participants. The postage stamp self preview is too small to see. I am now actively discouraging my clients from requesting Webex for our training sessions and we won't be renewing our annual plan when it comes due, specifically and only for this reason. I hate to say it but, because of the app changes, Zoom is now superior to Webex. Sigh...
Highlighted

Thank you for adding to this thread. Out school district had asked us to
use webex but after seeing the interface, there was NO way I was going to
use it. I really hope they fix it at some point.
Highlighted

Highlighted
Beginner

I am really interested in the solution of this trouble too. Thanks for the suggestions

Highlighted

Is there an intention by WebEx to change this any time soon?

As a company we're looking to switch to Microsoft Teams or Zoom due to this one issue. 

The image is about 1cm across on our 4K screens. It is impossible to see if the camera is pointed at our face or our shirt. It seams that the control of the self view is bad for no reason, including it amongst the other participants is easier, is it not?

Highlighted

Coming in 40.8 release
https://help.webex.com/en-us/xcwws1/What-s-New-for-the-Latest-Versions-of-Webex-Meetings
our self-view is now shown as part of the other participant videos for a more natural experience. If you prefer to float your self-view instead, simply click "Show my self-view in a floating window." For more information see Change Your Self-View Video Preference During a Webex Meeting or Event. https://help.webex.com/en-us/sltkbs/Change-Your-Self-View-Video-Preference-During-a-Webex-Meeting-or-Event

Response Signature

Highlighted
Beginner

Hi Robert.

Could you do like this.. 

Use the Windows 10 Camera App, point your camera wherever you need and share the app.. it will solve all the issues you are having.

Regards

R

Content for Community-Ad