Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Directory Connector - Switch AD -> AD LDS

Hy

we have deployed the Directory Connector through an AD binding, now we noticed that it would be better to go through our AD LDS, so is there any possibility to switch from AD to AD LDS

cheers Floh

7 Replies 7

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
When switching to LDS, are the accounts are all the same - Samaccountname, email, etc.

The key function in doing any chances for the connector is Dry Runs - do as many as you need to feel comfortable. You get a report of the expected changes, and if they do not look right, you may need to alter the approach.

Please look over the directory connector deployment guide for details on AD LDS integration
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cloudCollaboration/spark/hybridservices/directoryconnector/cmgt_b_directory-connector-guide-admins/cmgt_b_directory-connector-guide-admins_appendix_01001.html#topic_212BAA8AFAE16B1566C1A7A310BA75BC

Thnxs. for the reply,

but the main problem is, when i want to switch domain/to AD LDS -> the AD LDS option is greyed out and we can't switch to AD LDS

cheers

@Florian Kroessbacher, were you able to solve this eventually? Directory connector doesn't even let me choose LDS after deinstallation/re-installation. 

Hi @d.haeni,

have you rebooted the Windows server after deinstallation?

Best regards

Igor 

Yes we did, @Igor Lukic. I have opened a TAC Case on it, I could also imagine some settings are stored in the webex back-end rather than on the machine running directory connector.

Yay - TAC did a cleanup on their end and now LDS is selectable again 

Hi @d.haeni,

very nice! Thanks for sharing the information!

Best regards

Igor 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.