cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Education Connector to Blackboard no longer working

SOMMET
Level 1
Level 1

We configured the WebEx Education integration during our Spring semester. It was working fine. Now when the instructors are trying to use WebEx Educaiton integration within Blackboard, they are getting an error saying the LMS isn't authorized. We've gone through all of the configuration documentation and double checked our configurations, however, nothing is working.

I also notice the WebEx Education Connector documentation was updates on 15 May and now says "The administrator must be enrolled in the courses for the authorization to apply." This isn't realistic since there are over 2500+ courses.

Summer semester begins Tuesday and we need to get this resolved ASAP!

Is there anyone that can assist?

Thank you

3 Replies 3

carrants
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe someone else will have a closer experience, but I had one instructor with this issue on our Webex Education Connector for Canvas. I had them go to Virtual Meetings in one of the classes and logout of the Connector (this shows up as a door with an arrow pointing to the right, in the upper right part of the window). Then it prompted them to log in to Webex again on that screen and it took them through the authorization process.

Thank you for the suggestion but this is the first time the instructor is using WebEx Connector in his course. Therefore, no prior virtual meetings

Greetings,

As a current limitation of the Blackboard APIs used by the connector, it needs an admin to auth in each course. We are likely to have a new release which will make authorization optional early next week. 

Updates can be found here: https://help.webex.com/en-us/nag52teb/What-s-New-for-the-Latest-Versions-of-Webex-Education-Connector

Also, you may be interested to join conversations in our Webex For Education forum: https://community.cisco.com/t5/webex-for-education/bd-p/disc-education

Cheers,

Richard