cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Meetings and user locations

Richard Pidcock
Level 1
Level 1

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on this.  When looking at troubleshooting details on either a live meeting or past meetings I'm trying to find out what drives the location field.  For example:

Go to Troubleshooting --> Meetings & Calls --> then select a given meeting.  After selecting the given meeting, then click on the details tab.  That will then give you details of participants in the meeting, specifically if you scroll to the right there are addtional details (columns of info) like "local IP" , "Public IP", "location".  In my case I'm trying to determine what drives the particular location field.  For example, I may have users connected from various locations across Oklahoma, however in the meeting all user details report a location of Hutchinson, KS.  Where is the location coming from?  See attached image.  The users in this meeting were in locations in Oklahoma.

Richard W. Pidcock
1 Reply 1

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

Based on data I've seen in our Webex Meetings, the location appears to be generated by the internet service provider's data center @Richard Pidcock. For example, we are in Colorado Springs and we'll often see Denver as the location since many of our interet providers have their data center there and not in Colorado Springs.  It's possible that Hutchinson, KS hosts a primary data center for some of your internet service providers.

Response Signature