cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Preferences Integration Tab Missing

DBeanHop
Level 1
Level 1

Quick rundown, I'm local IT for my company. I have a User who is attempting to use Webex Meetings integrated into the Office 365 version of Outlook. When viewing the add-in's on Outlook, Webex is not listed. Upon visiting the preferences of Webex, I noticed that the Integrations tab was completely missing. We have tried trouble shooting in a few ways. We've tried reinstalling both Webex and Office, to no avail. I'm unable to find anything about this online, perhaps I may be looking in the wrong direction, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

David 

1 Accepted Solution

khoivo
Level 1
Level 1

I tried following Cisco's suggestions that they posted to you, but they didn't work anyway. Found that it's a bug in their new desktop app which doesn't put in the integrations tab. I verified this by uninstalling and reinstalling on another computer which previously had the integrations tab and add-in within Outlook. Once I did that I lost my outlook add-in and the integrations tab. I was lucky enough to find another computer with an older version of the webex desktop app, about 5 months older. I uninstalled the new one, then reinstalled the old one, signed in, verified the integrations tab was there, then updated it through the app and the integrations tab stayed. Hope that helps you out. Must be a bug in their most recent version. Wasted an hour and a half of my time today trying to figure this out. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

enwinn
Level 1
Level 1

FWIW, webex app.msi version 39.9.2.116 includes two DLLs: ptolkadd.dll and ptolkadd64.dll which both show as version 3905.0.1905.800

With this version of webex app.msi, the Preferences UI includes an additional section called Integrations that looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 1.50.26 PM.png

And the Calendar section looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 1.50.40 PM.png

This 39.9.2.116 version with this Outlook Add-In works fine for my corporate Office 365 Enterprise Outlook.

Newer versions of the webex app.msi do not include these Outlook Add-In DLLs and Webex Outlook integration does not work for me. I have tried webexapp.msi versions 40.8.2.17, 39.11.2.4 among others which I have confirmed do not include the Outlook integration DLLs mentioned above.

With newer versions of webexapp.msi, the Integrations section is missing and the Calendar section looks like this:

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 1.50.52 PM.png

Or this:

Screen Shot 2020-07-24 at 1.51.08 PM.png

At one point I tried copying in the Outlook Add-In DLLs I saved from a 39.9.2.116 version into the appropriate Webex installation folder which may be why I captured two different views for Preferences > Calendar. It did not result in Outlook integration working. Using Outlook to manually select the appropriate DLL for the Outlook Add-In also failed - no error message, no integration added, the Add-In window just fails to show the webex Outlook Add-in.

With webex app.msi version 39.9.2.116 you do see the Add-In DLL present in Outlook > Options > COM Add-Ins.

Using the online calendar scheduling works fine but is a PITA compared to using the Outlook Add-In.

Running newer version 40.8.2.17 webexapp.msi with webex app.msi version 39.9.2.116 already installed removes the Outlook Add-In DLLs which removes Outlook Webex integration.

The old Add-In functionality obviously works with current Office 365 functionality which makes me wonder why it was removed.

I will try and find out if our corporate architecture has run into this yet but I suspect the usual large enterprise change inertia is just using an older client that still "works" without dealing with the need to upgrade to resolve security vulnerabilities.

khoivo
Level 1
Level 1

I tried following Cisco's suggestions that they posted to you, but they didn't work anyway. Found that it's a bug in their new desktop app which doesn't put in the integrations tab. I verified this by uninstalling and reinstalling on another computer which previously had the integrations tab and add-in within Outlook. Once I did that I lost my outlook add-in and the integrations tab. I was lucky enough to find another computer with an older version of the webex desktop app, about 5 months older. I uninstalled the new one, then reinstalled the old one, signed in, verified the integrations tab was there, then updated it through the app and the integrations tab stayed. Hope that helps you out. Must be a bug in their most recent version. Wasted an hour and a half of my time today trying to figure this out. 

Thanks for the breadcrumbs, we were experiencing this same issue. Sharing some additional information.

I THINK the installer at https://www.webex.com/downloads.html used to include the office integrations. If you previously installed this version, then upgraded it the Office integration options are present. If you do a fresh install from the new version the Office integration option is missing.

The installer from the download section of your Webex portal still appears to include the integration options. The installer is slightly larger, a number of the installed files in the Webex folder are different, and the Outlook plugin is present in the Webex\Applications folder.

Our Webex portal is something like https://test.webex.com/webappng/sites/test/dashboard/download - replacing test with your instance name.

I am unclear if this was a deliberate change or if someone screwed up. I have no desire to spend hours on the phone asking...

I have tried installs using both the portal for my company, as well as the one at https://www.webex.com/downloads.html. I'm going to try to do some reinstalling later this week to see if this issue has been patched yet. I am able to download either version onto other PC's and still maintain the integrations tab. This would appear to me to be some kind of conflicting issue with the user's machine & Webex, although at this point I cannot be sure. Appreciate the reply

mtabrez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Please follow the steps outlined in the articles below to enable Webex plug in for 365

https://help.webex.com/en-us/5q299t/Deploy-and-Configure-the-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Scheduler-for-Microsoft-Office-365

And then the following would take place for your users

https://help.webex.com/en-us/nttajz6/Schedule-and-Join-Meetings-with-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Scheduler-for-Microsoft-Office-365

Regards

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.