cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Whiteboard not shared on SX20 or Room Kit Mini

emajcic
Level 1
Level 1

We're using an SX20 configured for the Webex environment. I notice that when I share a whiteboard from my webex desktop app on my laptop that the whiteboard is not visible on the SX20 endpoint. Tried this on a Room Kit Mini recently with the same result. Wondering why this is so?
I'm able to share everything else (desktop, app's etc..) and these are visible on the endpoint only the whiteboards are not.
Seems strange as it makes sense that if you have a room full of people and one wants to share the whiteboard, having it visible on the endpoint for everyone else to see would be great. Those wishing to join and collarborate on the white and bring their own device to do so. Having is big display via an endpoint makes it easier to see for everyone in the room.

1 Reply 1

smaxin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Today, only drawings made on Webex Boards can be viewed by meeting participants connected with video devices.  The Webex Desktop apps have supported Meetings whiteboard capability for many years.  We are in the midst of a portfolio-wide transition to new white board technology where Webex Meetings users, Webex Teams users, and all whiteboard-capable Webex devices will participate in co-creation flows with an enhanced toolset across the board.