cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Will directory connector avatar sync add/update picture for users in Webex Meetings?

Does anyone know if the avatar sync in directory connector will add and/or update picture for user in Webex Meetings or is it just for Webex Teams? FYI Webex tenant is linked with Control Hub.

Response Signature

2 Accepted Solutions

Ah, no, ours shows "Control Hub". Perhaps that is the difference.

View solution in original post

Got a response from TAC. This is the problem. We need to move user management to fully be done in Control Hub for this to work.

However there are some not very nice side effects for the switch to have users managed in CH that’s outlined in this document. https://help.webex.com/en-us/uftwr4/Move-from-Cisco-Webex-Site-Administration-to-Control-Hub

Response Signature

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Emmanuel Akum
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the response Roger

rikardkrvaric
Spotlight
Spotlight

My understanding is that it will ADD the avatars from AD...

But it doesn't UPDATE it.

@Wade H.can you change your avatar in AD, and see if it syncs/updates to Webex?

Hi,

We've also got the situation, where an avatar change in AD doesn't get pushed to the CH.

Is this the normal behaviour? 

First-time sync works well, but later avatar changes in AD don't get synced with the CH.

From what we have seen it does update pictures for us.

Response Signature

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

There is a Webex administration side, within Control Hub. I navigate to Meeting -> (Site Name) -> Configure Site to access site options.

Would this be the same as you see?image.png

Response Signature

Ah, no, ours shows "Control Hub". Perhaps that is the difference.

Got a response from TAC. This is the problem. We need to move user management to fully be done in Control Hub for this to work.

However there are some not very nice side effects for the switch to have users managed in CH that’s outlined in this document. https://help.webex.com/en-us/uftwr4/Move-from-Cisco-Webex-Site-Administration-to-Control-Hub

Response Signature

Thanks @Wade H. 
That's what I suspect could be the case. I'll let you know what TAC comes back with. So far their not that helpful.

Response Signature

Thank you! Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the this from CH?

Response Signature

Wade H.
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes, it will sync AD user avatars to Webex Meetings as well as Webex Teams.

Per my own tests Directory Connector will not update the picture of a user in Webex Meetings. I’m still waiting for an answer from TAC. Will update this post once I know more.

Response Signature

We run both Webex Teams and Webex Meetings via Control Hub, using Directory Connector for user synchronization. User profile pictures from AD show up in both Webex Teams and Webex Meetings, with no additional configuration needed. Perhaps our site has been configured differently than yours, or perhaps it won't overwrite existing profile pictures. Hopefully TAC can provide better insight.

Thanks @Wade H. 

Is your site only configured via Control Hub or does it also have a traditional Webex administration site that is linked with Control Hub?

Response Signature

Thank you for your answer. I’ll verify that this works as you state and also await an answer from TAC before I mark it as answered.

Response Signature

As there are no one that seems to have an answer on this I’ll open a SR with TAC next week to ask about this.

Will update this post if and when I get an answer.

Response Signature

Does no one have an input on this? For sure I can’t be the only one that wonders about this.

Response Signature