cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8851 not detecting/powering up audio kem

jrmcgee
Level 1
Level 1

So I am remotely setting up a site (I'm in WA the site is in IL), we have 4 phones in total.  2 have sidecars.  I can't get the 8851 to detect the sidecars.  they are the 8800-audio models.  The phones have the attendant set to be 8800-audio.  I am powering the phones with a LGS124P and it doesn't appear to be a power issue.  I am at my wits end, I just can't figure it out.  We are using webex calling for the service so I dont have admin access to the device really, it's just all through the user web portal on the device and then the admin.webex.com

2 Replies 2

djones0319
Level 1
Level 1

This is now working for me. I had to open a case with Cisco and they had to make a change on their end for my company's account or webex account. You also need to go to the phone settings > user preferences > attendant console preferences > and set the KEM type option

djones0319
Level 1
Level 1

Following. I have this same problem with my 8861 and 8865 phones. They have the correct model KEMs (audio KEM for the 8861 and video KEM for the 8865), but they do not power up and are not registered as devices in admin.webex.com. These phones used to be call manager phones that were converted to webex phones and the KEMs worked prior to the conversion. I'm about to open a case with Cisco over this.