cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call api : can I call a user from my Sandbox using a personal number ?

ceaura
Level 1
Level 1

I've set up a Webex sandbox, added users and successfully tested calls between them. Using a Python script, I retrieve the number of the remote party correspondent via the ListCalls method of the Call Control API.

In my real-life scenario, calls will be made from a non-Webex user, most likely from a personal mobile or landline, to a user with a Webex licence.
I want to test calling one of my virtual users from my personal mobile phone number in the sandbox to ensure that my Python script correctly captures the remote party's number, even when the call is not initiated in Webex.
Of course, the ListCall API call will be made to a user with the Webex Calling license.

So I wanted to know if it was possible to make such calls to the sandbox for testing and if the ListCall API method still worked even if the remoteParty user was not from Webex. Does this API call require both users to go through Webex to work?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Reply 1

kctrey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The API call itself will work fine when the other party is not a Webex user. You will be able to see the caller details in the API response. Your problem is the sandbox doesn't include PSTN, so you don't have a real number to dial in to your Webex user. This is a limitation of the sandbox to prevent fraud.