cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call audio not working when calling through Work #, but through WebEx.

D.Roseman
Level 1
Level 1

I am set up through my work to use WebEx on my computer.  I have a webcam, and headphones.

Through services like Zoom/Teams, everything works great.    However, WebEx, things are weird.

1:  When I use WebEx to call my cell phone, or anyone else's, I hear nothing, but they can hear me when I talk through the webcam mic.   I hear myself in my cellphone.  However, I hear nothing, like when talking through my cellphone.

2: I hear all notifications, and even when on a call, I can hear the DTMF tones.

3: If I call someone in my office using the upper green phone button that lets me choose "###### Work", or "Call on WebEx", I only can have a two way convo using the "Call on WebEx" option.

4: When using "Call on WebEx" calls, video as well, the audio quality is HORRIBLE.  My mic is very low, so I have to be loud, and the other person cuts out a lot.  (Again, using Zoom/Teams, I have great audio and mic levels)

5: When I call using "######## Work" it's the same as I call outside my WebEx intrastructure.  I can not hear anyone.

6: Yesterday, I was able to make calls to my cellphone, and receive.   Later in the day, I was not able to call out (to cell phone), OR in(to WebEx number).   Calling in, I would hear no ringing, long silence, maybe 20 seconds, and then a busy signal.

I have contacted my internal phone service person, and we went through many options, and settings, and nothing works.  They are clueless on my issue (apparently the only one), and said I should just reach out to Cisco support.

So....HEEEEELP!  

edit:  Windows 10, RealTek audio (is there a way to delete all the fancy audio stuff and use windows base audio settings?), I do NOT have the WebEx app on my cellphone, generic webcam, headphones plugged into front of computer. Version 41.10.0.20371 for the WebEx app.

4 Replies 4

manish.raghvani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I too have a very similar issue with Webex Calling, in Control Hub - Calling Behavior is set as NATIVE_SIP_CALL_TO_UCM_W_USER_EMAIL_DOMAIN.

When I call some of my users, either using the green Audio calling button and selecting Work *** or using the DialPad, the call is made successfully, but both the caller/receiver cannot hear each other. The same happens if that user tries to call me in the same way.

If I call the same person using the green Audio calling button and selecting Mobile *** or Call on Webex then everything works correctly.

My issue is only with a handful of users, yet with others calling Work *** , works correctly.

Does anyone have an idea as to the cause and how to fix this type of issue please?

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

There is no WebEx anymore, it's Webex since years..

Webex Calling (SIP/PSTN; "Work number") and Calls on Webex (Locus; "Webex") are two different mechanisms and use different protocols and call routes. That's why it might work for Calls on Webex but not for Webex Calling.

Whant PSTN option are you using in Webex Calling? One-side-audio are often caused by incomplete RTP traffic.

As you're using Webex Calling (which is not available for free) you may also open a TAC case. They can have a deeper look on your call scenarios...

Good day, thank you for the reply. I was told that we are using Cisco PSTN? Would that be the right answer?
Would there be a reason why I would be the only known person with this issue, out of, I'm guessing, 1000s of people using it?

Not sure if this gives any more information.  When I call through WORK, ie my phone, or even through my org to someone using Webex.....the little window that pops up, says Connecting.   Yet, when i called my cellphone, I still heard audio in my cellphone, just not the other way around.

is "Connecting" normal?   It only shows with the small mini-window, not the larger one that pops up right away.

Untitled1.png