cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Queue internal call vs external call both incoming calls

jurbanik
Spotlight
Spotlight

So I set up a test call queue and set the welcome greeting, estimated time to wait, comfort message and MOH. If I call the queue extension internally everything works as expected. If I call the DID/exteranl number I only get the welcome message then rings my agent with no following messages or MOH. I cannot get the other messages to play when calling externally. What am I doing wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Ok, so I figured it out. If you have an available agent in the queue, it will only play the welcome greeting and then ring and play no other greetings. If your agent(s) are busy, it will play the welcome greeting, then position in the queue, then MOH, and so on. Not what I expected but at least it works.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Did you call the CQ internall from your own extension? Is it the only agent in the CQ?

Yes, I am the only agent in the queue, and when I call it internal, it work correctly.

Ok, that explains the behavior: If you're calling from your extension to the CQ, all agents (ie. you) are busy and you'll get the comfort message.

If you call from external and your extension is available, the CQ is able to hand over the call to an agent directly. So you will not receive the comfort message etc. as the call is already ringing at an agent.

You can simply verify by calling the CQ from another internal extension while your agent is available or by calling from external while your agent is on another call.

Thank you so much. That's what I figured when I saw your post and tested with my agent being on another call and it works as expected. Different systems, different features. Thanks again for your help.

Ok, so I figured it out. If you have an available agent in the queue, it will only play the welcome greeting and then ring and play no other greetings. If your agent(s) are busy, it will play the welcome greeting, then position in the queue, then MOH, and so on. Not what I expected but at least it works.