Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Voicemail

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Is there a magic hidden option to enable voicemail?  As far as I can see I have it enabled at the user level, however although it's set to redirect after three rings it doesn't do so.  If I select "all calls" it still just rings out.  If I select DND from the User Settings then the incoming call fails with a fast busy or similar.

Is there something that I might have missed at the organisation level, or in Partner Control Hub to switch the feature on in the first place?

Thanks, Tony S

Screenshot of user settings ..

Voicemail Screenshot_52.png

1 Accepted Solution

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, 

Make sure you have a number (DID or just an Extension) in the Voice Portal section of the location that phone is in. Each location will need a Voice Portal number configured for phones in that location to forward to voicemail. 

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

francisco117
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, 

I have the same problem, my voice mail is not enabled. (I have DID and Extension focused on users)

If i choose to "send all calls" to voicemail, calls still come through normally. If I choose to send "When busy" calls to voicemail, the call hangs up, and finally, with the "When no answer" option, the call keeps ringing and is not routed to voicemail.

voicemail1.PNGvoicemail2.PNGvoicemail3.png

As @kgroves42 already mentioned: does your voice portal have a DID assigned? You just showed the user's DID, but it is important to have configured as number for the VP as well. Otherwise, it will not work.

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, 

Make sure you have a number (DID or just an Extension) in the Voice Portal section of the location that phone is in. Each location will need a Voice Portal number configured for phones in that location to forward to voicemail. 

Thanks

That's it, thanks.