Views
Helpful
Replies

Fax issues with Webex Control hub

Bitbybit99
Level 1
Level 1

All,

My client is having major issues after migrating from CUCM 10 to Cisco Webex Control hub.  We have 14 fax lines connected to AudioCode MP-124E.  We are having issues with receiving partial faxes, say 1 page of 6, etc.  I had a ticket open with Cisco for 9 months with no resolution.  We performed packet captures, etc with no luck in finding any issues, slowed down the baud rate, replaced fax boards and just can't seem to get it going consistently.  The machines are MFP, from Canon, Sharp, etc. and they all have issues.  I have tried moving 1-2 fax lines to an ATA 192 and have the same issue.  I have outdated switches so I put in a Ubiquity switch and created a separate network, moved one of the ATA 192 devices and still no luck. 

Has anyone experienced anything like this and if so, did you ever find a resolution??

Thanks in advance for any help!

Keith

2 Replies 2

Bitbybit99
Level 1
Level 1

Kgroves

Thanks for the response.  Yes I do have t38 enabled.

Bitbybit99_0-1711984868306.png

We are using Cisco Webex for PSTN and do not have a local gateway that I am aware of. 

We have 255 lines, the only issues the users ocassionally have is one way audio.  

We upgraded to a 500Mb fiber, use a Fortigate 100F firewall, etc.  

Just don't have any solutions and they are frustrated to say the least.

Thanks,

Keith

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

I have done quite a few faxes but never used the Audio Codes. One thing maybe to check on the ATA is to confirm that t38 is enabled. 

kgroves42_1-1711737875261.png

Also  what type of PSTN do you have? Do you have a local gateway?

Also for testing you could point a number directly to a user, that will bypass any FXS gateway or Fax Machine. 

kgroves42_0-1711737596206.png