cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

making outgoing call in web app

ndignam
Level 1
Level 1

Can you make outgoing calls on the pc by using the downloaded web app?

4 Replies 4

Chad Dunn
Level 1
Level 1

There are a couple of different calling options available from the Webex app depending upon which licenses are given to the end users. For this end user, they have the ability to "Call on Webex" which will allow them to call anybody that is also using the Webex app. "Register to Unified Communication Manager (UCM)", this license allows the user to end user to use the CSF device in CUCM (which is also used for Jabber) to make outbound PSTN calls. And then there is "Webex Calling" where the end user's phone is registered to the Cisco Webex cloud through Control Hub and uses one the PSTN options available through Control Hub.

Webex_App_Calling_Options.png

I agree with Chad.

This is very helpful.

Thank you Chad.

The web “app” is from what I know not a downloadable thing as such. I’ve never looked at what functionality that is available in the web option for Webex, but I would doubt that using it for calls would work in a reliable way as it’s a thin client with limited functionality. Your better of to use one of the installable options.

Response Signature

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

What do you mean by web app?

If you refer to the Webex app, you can use it for PSTN telephony as well (if using Webex Calling), so yes.

Calls on Webex work as well, for sure.