cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitored Lines

VJD
Level 1
Level 1

When adding monitored lines to a user, will they only show up on the primary phone or will they show on all phones for that user?

1 Accepted Solution

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

They will only show up on the user's primary device

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

VJD
Level 1
Level 1

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

They will only show up on the user's primary device

Is there anything that can be done to change this behavior? Is this something planned as a change in the future? It seems like are arbitrary limitation.

I think the current limitation is due to different phone models with different amounts of BLFs or so..

The issue is known to PM and AFAIK, they've taken that point. No ETA or confirmation or detailed plan for that so far I'm aware of.

Thanks.
In our case everyone has the same model phone - Cisco 8865 - so it was our expectation that monitored lines would appear the same on all phones assigned to the user. Obviously, this is not the case so that's a little disappointing. It would be nice if this could be changed in the future, but I understand it's probably a low priority item.
Or if we had the ability to specify monitored lines on a per device level instead of a per user level, that would at least allow us to duplicate things.

Totally agree, and I think there are also AHAs for this request. PM also has it on its backlog, but as said, no concrete implementation yet.

I think there is also some work ongoing for device configuration overrides that allows to move BLFs to the end of the list and having CH configured short dials before them. Would be nice to be able to configure this on all devices and managing monitored lines the same way.. Hope they'll do it like that

Since we are only able to show the monitored lines on the "primary device", how can we change which device is considered the Primary Device for a user in Control Hub?

Unfortunately, a direct change is not possible. PM has also an item for that in the backlog.

Currently, you have to delete the current primary device. The next device that will be assigned to the user will become the primary device.

I know, very ugly...

That's what I was afraid of. Bummer. I was only able to see them on my primary phone and thought I might be missing something.