Views
Helpful
Replies

Transition of MRA users from on-prem CUCM to Webex Calling

mrvoipstuff
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Currently all IP phone end points (mostly Jabber MRA) are registered to our on-prem CUCM. I'm just trying to envision how a transition to Webex Calling UCM cloud would work in terms of whether it can be a gradual move of users over time (preferred) or big bang where we move all users in 1-go from CUCM to Webex calling UCM cloud ? 

Since you can only have a single SRV record (and a corresponding A-record) of _collab-edge._tcp.domain.com on the external DNS I don't think its possible to do a phased gradual move of users. _collab-edge SRV record for our domain can either point to on-prem Exp-E to fetch config from on-prem CUCM OR it resolves to cloud's Edge server from where it routes to Cloud CUCM to fetch CSF device configuration ... You cannot really route to particular CUCM depending which MRA user is logging in  ....  hence why wanting to confirm there can't be a phased/gradual migration from on-prem CUCM to Web ex calling for MRA users .. thanks. 

appreciate any input .. thanks. 

4 Replies 4

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @mrvoipstuff,

Webex Calling and Webex Calling UCM Cloud are two different products. Webex Calling is based on Broadsoft Platform and Webex Calling UCM Cloud is based on Cisco CUCM. Which one you are trying to migrate?

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

sorry should've been more descriptive. referring to Webex Calling UCM cloud ... 

dtibbe
VIP
VIP

Your onprem CUCM is probably connected to PStn using a CUBE, right?

That can be used as local gateway for Webex Calling for PSTN connectivity. By routine DIDs to either CUCM or to the WxC cloud, you can move user's smoothly as required.

See https://help.webex.com/jr1i3r/. The article also describes the integration with a local CUCM

sorry was referring to Webex Calling UCM Cloud.