cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Calling - Shared Voicemail

mhurley131
Level 4
Level 4

I need to configure a shared voicemail box using WebEx Calling.     I have configured a calling user which will act as the shared voicemail box.

How can multiple users in the department manage the voicemail boxes that end up here?

1.  I have created an associated mailbox, so I can have the mailbox forward the emails with wav file to the team.  This doesn't mark the message as read within the voicemail system so I'm assuming that mailbox will eventually fill up and stop taking new messages, correct?

Has anyone configured a shared voicemail workflow that works well?

7 Replies 7

Hi

If the voice mailbox is full then the users can delete it after accessing or listening to it. Test with a user directly on a call, as the shared vm is supported in Webex. https://help.webex.com/en-US/article/mcjd4u/Manage-a-shared-voicemail-and-inbound-fax-box-for-Webex-Calling#Cisco_Task_in_List_GUI.dita_d4951d40-d6c2-42c9-8ead-8c317a20ae13

I understand that Cisco is supposed to come out with Voicemail as a service sometime this month to satisfy this requirement.

Do you know if anything was released?

Shared Voicemail/Voicemail groups were released on October 22nd, https://help.webex.com/rdmb0/What's-new-in-Webex-Calling

You'll find them along with the Calling feature configuration in CH

olunney
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, 

You can provision the dedicated voicemail user as a Shared Call Appearance (SCA) on each of the users MPP devices. That way, when a new message is deposited to the shared mail box, users will see an MWI notification on their handset and can dial into the voicemail box without any issue. This will also mark voicemails as opened and allow management to delete etc.

Of course you will have to share the VM pin with any users wishing to access the VM.

Joseph Innis
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever figure this out? I'm currently building out a Webex Calling environment and have come across the same issue. As far as I can tell, there is no way to share a general voicemail account with multiple end-users. The only possibility that I see is to create a generic user, send all calls to voicemail and have a copy emailed out to an AD distribution group. Not an ideal solution. 

Here I am, the customer you were talking about. We still have no ideal solution to this problem. We see new features added to webex calling all the time but nothing of use.

This system has been a nightmare to try and create realistic workflows around. Our mailbox tells users that it is full and I have no idea why it is claiming to be full. It doesn't meet the 100 minutes, 100MBs, limit that the voicemail should have. If anyone knows why I keep getting this "Voicemail Full" messages please let me know.