Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Calling (unified CM)

islamahmed
Level 1
Level 1

Good day for all, 

I have read the cisco guide regarding cisco Webex (unified CM).

If we already have MRA for Cisco Jabber and working properly, and Cisco Webex Hub

and no SSO configured

so, once I enable the "cisco Webex (unified CM)" for the user who has a TCT device on the call manager, the phone services - - - should work with him on the Webex app, is that right

- or I must enable SSO and the directory connector?

- can configure the directory connector via Expressway-C?

1 Accepted Solution

@islamahmed wrote:

so, once I enable the "cisco Webex (unified CM)" for the user who has a TCT device on the call manager, the phone services - - - should work with him on the Webex app, is that right

AFAIK that is correct. Word of caution, if the end user is still using Jabber that will conflict with the control of the TCT or CSF devices.

@islamahmed wrote:

AFAIK no you don't need SSO or the DC, but it is highly recommended.

@islamahmed wrote:

No DC cannot run on a Expw-C. It is a Windows based software that you should run on a Windows server.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Igor Lukic
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @islamahmed,

in addition to @Roger Kallberg's perfect explanation I'd like to mention that in case you want a secure registration for the Webex (either as a TCT or CSF device), then you will need to enable SIP OAuth on CUCM, as CAPF-based certificates are not supported by the Webex App.

Best regards,

Igor

Thanks, Mr. Igor for the note 

@islamahmed wrote:

AFAIK that is correct. Word of caution, if the end user is still using Jabber that will conflict with the control of the TCT or CSF devices.

@islamahmed wrote:

AFAIK no you don't need SSO or the DC, but it is highly recommended.

@islamahmed wrote:

No DC cannot run on a Expw-C. It is a Windows based software that you should run on a Windows server.

Response Signature

Thanks, Mr. Roger, I got it

I have one question regarding the DC, Is DC for users authentication or just used as a directory for Webex users?

Directory Connector is just used to sync users from AD to Control Hub. It has no relevance for authentication.

Response Signature

Thanks a lot for perfect explanation