Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Calling with Local Gateway without IP PBX - Calls recording

dsobrinho
Level 9
Level 9

Hi guys,

I am going to deploy WebEx Calling with local gateway without IP PBX.  So I don't want to use Dubber's solution for recording calls.

I want to use another third-party vendor. Is it possible to make the recordings like BiB using the local gateway (in this case CUBE)? or can I use API to perform this recording?

Daniel Sobrinho
2 Replies 2

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi @dsobrinho,

This is interesting setup and I have never tried or tested with Webex Calling. But based on my experience and knowledge, there are two options to achieve recording directly from CUBE Router:

1. Using SIPREC method on CUBE

Please see below article for configuration. The media forking is directly from CUBE to Third Party recording server. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-border-element/215417-configure-sip-recording-siprec-on-cube.html 

2. Voice Recording vial SPAN port.

In this case you will capture all packets coming to switch port where CUBE is connected and send it to recording server. 

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hi @Vaijanath Sonvane ,

Thank you for your fast answer.

Yes, I was thinking about this when I wrote this question. But what worried me was the fact that all the signaling and RTP handling is encrypted via TLS between cloud webex and Local Gateway. I don't know if anyone has done this at some point. My idea is even simpler, recording and store in a local repository so I can retrieve when needed. Obviously I would like to have the meta data along with information such as direction, calling, called and time.

Daniel Sobrinho