cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Webex DeskPro host meeting itself without host user?

kdawilson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Folks,

I'm fairly new to this, please excuse me.

We purchased a couple of Webex Deskpros lately. Users with existing Webex Meetings licenses can host Deskpro meetings by dialing their Personal Rms.  Is this the only way the Deskpro device can host a meeting, in conjunction with a user?

Can the device initiate and host a meeting without a licensed individual, i.e. with it's own SIP address 
meeting_room@company.rooms.webex.com?

Thanks

Keith

1 Accepted Solution

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi
I think you are asking is if the DeskPro can have its own Webex Personal meeting room? The answer is NO, without a license in Webex Meetings.
Webex is where the meeting (or conferencing) is held and the video endpoint dials into that meeting.
Since your current licenses are assigned to your users, users use the video devices to dial into their meetings.
You would need to assign some licenses to some webex accounts which can be used to the video devices. TO set up you would still need an email type account for the setup and configuration of the personal meeting room.
Ideally most users today book their own webex meeting and then find a video device and dial into their meeting. Your use cases may not allow for that.
Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi
I think you are asking is if the DeskPro can have its own Webex Personal meeting room? The answer is NO, without a license in Webex Meetings.
Webex is where the meeting (or conferencing) is held and the video endpoint dials into that meeting.
Since your current licenses are assigned to your users, users use the video devices to dial into their meetings.
You would need to assign some licenses to some webex accounts which can be used to the video devices. TO set up you would still need an email type account for the setup and configuration of the personal meeting room.
Ideally most users today book their own webex meeting and then find a video device and dial into their meeting. Your use cases may not allow for that.
Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

Thanks @Ashish Patel