cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 730 Headset problems

LuisPerez
Level 1
Level 1

I just bought a Cisco 730 Headset. I've installed the latest firmware (which took a log time to install comparing to other brands) this are the list of problems that I've noticed so far.

• Clamping force in the ears is too strong to the point of becoming uncomfortable after 10 minutes of use.
  • When using the dongle the right audio channel is just ignored. Only left channel is played in both ears. When using Bluetooth both channels are played.
  • When listening music from my mobile, If I receive a call from Cisco Jabber in the PC, the playback is paused, but when the call is finished, the playback is not restarted. Not only that, even if I press play again in the mobile, no audio is played on the headphones. Only If I disconnect the dongle, play the music and then plug the dongle again I can listen music from the mobile. This is a terrible user experience, I'm amazed that Cisco places a headset in the market were the audio switching is not seamless.
  • The app is unable to find the headset most of the time.
  • Pressing the mute button does not notify Cisco Jabber, so the mute icon does not change the status. This is surprising all UC headsets should be able to do this.
  • The headset is inconsistent reporting the renaming battery time, It may tell you 1 hour and the next moment 3 hours.

I hope Cisco fixes this at some point. As for me unfortunately I'm returning them as I cannot use them with these huge issues.

8 Replies 8

Kkartik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was directed to this thread as I began to type 'Cisco 730 problem'.

I have three of these headsets. Now one of these, which is relatively new, (about a month's use), was working OK but overnight, no audio is coming through the left speaker. The right speaker is working OK and it connects well. I have even tried using the 3.5mm jack, turning off Bluetooth, but the problem persists. I have also upgraded to the latest firmware including the beta firmware.

Any advice or help to troubleshoot or alternatively, get this repaired? Any service centre in London, UK?

Thanks 

I would recommend reaching out to the reseller you purchased it from. It should include a one year limited liability warranty.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/warranties/warranty-doc-c99-740957.html#_Toc520320032

Thank you for your prompt response. I will certainly explore if it is covered by warranty. In the event I am unable to avail the warranty, what are my other options please to get this repaired? Grateful for any advice.

Thanks 

Ashley Prettyman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello. As always, we appreciate the feedback and apologies your experience has not meet expectations. Our teams are always working hard to improve our products and provide the best solutions in market. Please see response from our headset product team:

• The comfort issues on the 730 have been acknowledged and the we are working to refine the design to reduce the clamping force on the ears.
  • On the dongle issues (right audio channel and automatic source playback), these functionalities should be working. Please ensure you have the latest firmware on *both* dongle and headset. You can download the latest here. Addt in our upcoming FW 1.7 release, the automatic source change will be further enhanced. Beta 1.7 is available to download today through the Headset mobile app if you want to give it try! (Settings -> Device info -> beta)
  • The headset mobile app operates in BLE (Bluetooth low energy) to conserve battery so connection is lost after about 15 mins if app is not in the forefront. The headset should automatically pair again though within about 10 secs once the app is re-opened and the headset is on. If connection is still not able to establish and you're by chance on an Android, ensure your Android location services are turned on for the App. Instructions on how to do that are here: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/6179507?hl=en
  • Mute sync is available on Cisco Jabber *except via Bluetooth on Jabber for Linux VDI. Again, please ensure both the dongle and headset are on the latest firmware.
  • Battery life is only an estimate and some jumps may by experienced based upon the amount of power the headset is consuming/status of the headset.

If you still experience functionality issues, please submit feedback via the headset mobile app noting the issue(s). Our engineering team would then be in touch to further troubleshoot. Again, we appreciate your patience and hope you give the 730 another try!

I have installed the headset firmware to the latest beta 1-7-b-123 but I've been unable to update the USB adapter. From Chrome and Edge the browser gets in to a loop of errors:

error clearing state, try again
about.fa5c5004134e63b3dfed.js:1 DOMException: Failed to write the feature report.

Additionally, with Webex I've been unable to connect to the adapter to do the upgrade.
I don't have a way to know what firmware is installed in the USB adapter.
Just updating the headset firmware has not solved any of the issues I mentioned before.

How can I update the adapter firmware?

I am getting this same error, Did you find any workaround?

Unfortunately no, I returned the headset. In addition to the software issues they where not comfortable.

I would suggest looking into the upcoming 980 headset.  This one is over the ears and should help with comfort.  I ware glasses and the clamping force of the 780 headset is fine for short use, but longer usage is not comfortable.  I'm excited to try the 980 once it is out.

Cisco Project Workplace | Bang & Olufsen Cisco 980