Views
Helpful
Replies

Headset 522 firmware not working

Charlo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am a technician and some people in the company have the same problem with their cisco headset 522. The red lights on the headset are ON. The problem occured after they did the latest firmware update. The device isn't working at all.

My os is in french, sorry for the inconvenience

Here are the things I already tried :

• I can't update update the driver on the cisco accessory hub because the firwmare version isn't supported

image.png

• I tried to uninstall the device and reinstall it

image.png

• I tried to update the firware

image.png

Here are some other information :

• In the headset properties, it says that the device cannot start

image.png

• In the event log, it says that the device cannot be configured (wdma_usb.inf)

image.png

• In the settings, it says that there are some driver error

image.png

• When the headset is connected with the aux cable (without the usb dongle that is in the image below), the headset's speakers work, but not the microphone. So, i think that the problem is the usb dongle.

41KwuLJAN1S._AC_SY450_.jpg

2 Replies 2

Adam Pawlowski
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I was just handed a 530 with this problem

While I'm not sure why or how, I plugged it in while holding the "call" button down. The button lit up, the device connected to the system, and Webex said it needed an update. After that and restarting the Webex app, it seems to be working fine again.

Charlo
Level 1
Level 1

After some research, i found out that the problem is the firmware in the headsets. I think that they are corrupted. The thing is, I can't reinstall them.

Webex doesn't propose new update to me because the latest firmwares are installed.

For some reason, the Cisco Accessory Tool doesn't let me install the drivers...

image.png

I don't know what to do...