Views
Helpful
Replies

Mini Desk Pro

owen1832
Level 1
Level 1

I have two issues / questions.

1. My Minidesk pro doesnt seem to recognize that is connected to my PC.  When I go into device settings > connections USB-C shows not connected.  Despite this being the case my webex teams app has the device listed and I can use the device remotely from my desktop (win 11). 

2. My minidesk will randomly go to sleep mid call cutting off the camera / mic from Microsoft teams.  tapping the screen seems to fix the issue but it shouldnt be going to sleep and I cant see to figure out a way to prevent this on the device or in webex teams.

Webex Teams version - 43.7.0.26612

Minidesk RoomOS Version 11.6.1.5

Any ideas?

5 Replies 5

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have another laptop to try or another Desk Mini? This could just as likely be the laptop as the Mini - if you can do a swap of one or the other device to narrow it down. 

Negative.  It makes no sense to me that the PC (desktop) can see the minidesk but the minidesk can't recognize that it is attached to the PC.  Logically this seems like an issue on the minidesk since Webex teams has the mini desk added as a device and I can control it from the PC without issue.  The main issue is it going to sleep... is there anyway to control sleep timer on these things?

Go into the codec settings and search for "standby". You can disable it entirely, or set the timer to as many as 480 minutes.

Codec settings where?  I dont see that on the mini desk settings.

Settable in Control Hub or from the Web GUI, not the device interface. 

PJMack_0-1690990047363.png