Views
Helpful
Replies

Question about Room Kit

DoanTrung6418
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about the Room Kit device as follows:
Do I have to register for Webex Cloud to be able to participate in a Webex meeting?

Please help me, this case is quite urgent

2 Accepted Solutions

You can join the webex meeting without registering with Webex cloud. As Anoop requested could you share a little more about your infra ?

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Using your setup you  will be dialling  IP address. webex meeting link gives an option to join by an IP you can join by dialling the meeting IP. 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

You can join the webex meeting without registering with Webex cloud. As Anoop requested could you share a little more about your infra ?

Response Signature

Hi 

My customer is using call point to point , (kit mini call to kit mini)
customers want kit mini joint webex meeting but don't want to buy more license or anything

Hi, @DoanTrung6418 .

I understand currently they are calling point to point and you wish to join Webex calls.  What does the Room Kit in question currently register to?  This would be the "phone system" or SIP registrar.  Typically in a Cisco environment, this is one of 3 things: CallManager, Expressway or VCS, or the Webex cloud.  In any case, a license on the registrar would be required, but it would depend upon what the backend is as to which license is needed.  

Response Signature

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

If you do not have a SIP gateway, like Cisco Expressway, then yes, the other option is to register to the cloud.  If you have it registered to CUCM and you have Expressway configured to allow B2B you can also join Webex Meetings.  What is your situation?

Response Signature

Hi,

My customer is using call point to point , (kit mini call to kit mini)
customers want kit mini joint webex meeting but don't want to buy more license or anything

Using your setup you  will be dialling  IP address. webex meeting link gives an option to join by an IP you can join by dialling the meeting IP. 

Response Signature

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.