cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

teams wants a name, but no keyboard

exadmin
Level 1
Level 1

We use our Room Kit to join Microsoft Teams via WebRTC on OBTJ Calendar. Usually, it joins without issue. But today, it asks us to enter a name. The problem is, there is no way to enter a name because the on screen keyboard didn't pop up on the touch 10. It is running RoomOS 11.2.1.5.

So, how do I enter the name & choose "join"?

I tried to connect a USB wireless Keyboard & Mouse. I used a logitech with a wireless USB dongle. But, that did not work. It did not take any input.

Is there another way to get the onscreen keyboard to appear? Is there a process to enabling the USB keyboard and mouse? Is there a published list of supported USB devices?

exadmin_1-1677107875676.png

1 Accepted Solution

exadmin
Level 1
Level 1

in case anyone has this problem, I was able to resolve with this command: xCommand WebEngine DeleteStorage Type: All

apparently it clears a cache.

I don't know everything that it does, so use at your own discretion, but it solved my problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

exadmin
Level 1
Level 1

in case anyone has this problem, I was able to resolve with this command: xCommand WebEngine DeleteStorage Type: All

apparently it clears a cache.

I don't know everything that it does, so use at your own discretion, but it solved my problem.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You’re the second person this week to have issues with WebRTC join of MSFT Teams Meetings. I’d open a TAC case; something clearly changed.

Thanks Jonathan, I did open a case with the tac. We'll see where that goes. I couldn't get the USB keyboard to work, but I was able to join another meeting from a different organizer without issue.