Views
Helpful
Replies

USB Pass Through (Webcam functionality) on Webex Room series

emajcic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
I'm wondering if Cisco are considering incorporating the USB Pass through function (as on Room Kit Mini) to other devices in the Room series suite.
Reason being it would make it real easy for a user who has a invite to MS Teams, Zoom etc.. to use the rooms mic and camera and screen (via video cord) capabilities and have a great experience. 
Hope cisco will rollout this to the rest of your room series.

6 Replies 6

coreyparker
Level 4
Level 4

This has been tested and very well documented in the PROJECT: USB Mode Webex space you can join here - https://eurl.io/#L6Rcn39Rn

Documentation includes supported devices, wiring diagrams, required macros and configuration steps to implement.  Not officially supported by Cisco (TAC) but the Webex space is very active for support issues.

yhung
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a feature enhancement request already submitted, you can vote on it to get more visibility:

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-658

Thanks I've been looking at this. It's in a beta. Looking for a commercial product for our enterprise. But I'll give it a go

Hi 

we were able to accomplish this using AV bridge  called Extron media port during our POC we were able to attend teams, zoom meetings using the same hardware in the meeting room (Codec pro and P60 camera)

and for best results, you need to have external speakers, a microphone, Audio DSP and a video matrix.

nathanaelb
Level 4
Level 4

To my understanding the hardware on any system other than the Room Kit Mini and DeskPro (soon also the Desk) does not have this capability nor can it be added through software alone.  There are ways to accomplish this using third party hardware in conjunction with the other Room Series EndPoints.

Thanks.
You have any links to third party hardware I can check out. Thanks