cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex room bar cancelling audio outgoing audio

manuproduban
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, My webex room bar is cancelling the local room audio when the remote room is speaking. The remote room is not able to hear anything when he is speaking due to this cancellation. We need to know how to fine tune this. Is there any option to solve it without installing an external mic?

Input Mic 1 (integrated)

Output Speaker (integrated)

8 Replies 8

manuproduban
Level 1
Level 1

I have being confirmed by TAC that this is a bug, and they are working on a fix.

manuproduban
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just added the external mic, the internal is still active.

But this is not a solution for me, I cannot install an external mic o each room I have.

What SW version are you running?

Kathy N.
VIP
VIP

There might be an issue with the noise cancelling settings for the Room Bar as well.  Have you tried using Music Mode to see if this helps?  This isn't likely the problem but it is a troubleshooting step you can try to isolate if it's the room bar.

Response Signature

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion.
I have tried that however it is still cancelling.

PJMack
Level 7
Level 7

Are you sure the problem isn't at the other end? I've been working with Tandberg and Cisco endpoints for 18 years and have never heard of or had this problem. There is no setting that would make it behave this way. What's at the other end?

I am sure of that.
I also have work for many years with Tandberg/Cisco and never seen that.
I think this happen with the integrated mic in the bar, that is not able to separate the room voice from the audio coming from the speaker, then it is cancelling it.
Actually, I have added an external mic in the table, and the problem is solved, so it must be a bug or tunning configuration issue.
In the other end I have tried with different clients: Webex,Teams, Zoom and same result always.
Thanks

I'm glad you found a solution - just curious, did you have to disable the built in mic, or did just adding an external mic fix it?