Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless microphone for Cisco Room Kit Mini

Hello @ all. Are there any wireless table microphones from Cisco available for "Room Kit Mini"? 

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There aren't any Cisco branded ones available, but you can use any third party bluetooth microhone/speaker with it.

I've previously had good results with some of the Jabra Speak range.  I haven't tried any of the new "Speak2" range that has replaced those yet.  I'm sure there are plenty of other branded devices that will work too.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne, thank you very much for your reply. I will have a look into third party bluetooth speakers. But since the "Room Kit Mini" device does not support bluetooth from what i know of, how do I connect a bluetooth speaker? Or must have the external third-party speaker a usb-dongle for wireless connection which I plug into the usb port of the Room Kit?

Yes, you are correct.  The Room Kit Mini doesn't support bluetooth directly, but it does support a microphone connected via USB (which can then be a Wireless mic/speaker/headset connecting via a dongle).  Many of the Jabra ones I mentioned earlier come with dongles and can be used this way.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hey Wayne, thank you very much for your response. We have ordered a jabra speak with usb dongle and tried it with the roomkit mini, which works well so far. But now audio input (mic) AND audio output is handled by the jabra speak device and no longer by the roomkit mini. We just want audio input (mic) to be handled using the jabra speak device and audio output still from the roomkit mini's internal speaker. Is there any setting/possibility to configure audio input and output separately?

By default, the "Audio USB Mode" settings are set to both SpeakerAndMicrophone:

WayneDeNardi_0-1721263687820.png

You should be able to change this to just "Microphone" to achieve what you want.  (AdditionalMicrophone may also be appropriate depending on your room layout).

The settings for Audio USB Mode are shown in the Admin Guide (page 217) if you want to see what each does.

Wayne

Hi Bernhard - you are correct, the Kit Mini does not support Bluetooth, and there is no mic port on a Kit Mini either, your only microphone is the built in one. The built in mics work well, I have dozens of rooms setup this way, unless you are using the Kit Mini in a much larger room than it's designed for you might not need it.  If you upgrade to the Room Bar, you would have a mic port and and Bluetooth capability, so that might be a better option. 

PJMack_0-1719501814235.png