Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Webex Rooms with Specific Names

UniLu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am a new user, so I am sorry in advance if my question has already been replied to.

I have a Webex address with my name, as part of my organization (a university). But since I am in charge of organizing an online conference with multiple parallel session, I would like to create 5 different addresses with specific names, in order to host the different sessions of the conference. For example:

Is it possible to do so and if yes, how?
Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@UniLu 

Hi, you can do this with personal meeting room IDs.  You'll have to create user accounts for each conference room ID you wish, which may mean working with your IT department if you use SSO, as that can be tricky with non-user associated accounts, but it is doable.

But, once you have a user ID for each conference room you can see the section called "Change the URL for a User's Personal Room" in this document: https://help.webex.com/en-us/nk4o0ym/Manage-Personal-Rooms-for-a-Webex-Site-in-Cisco-Webex-Control-Hub

Response Signature

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@UniLu 

Hi, you can do this with personal meeting room IDs.  You'll have to create user accounts for each conference room ID you wish, which may mean working with your IT department if you use SSO, as that can be tricky with non-user associated accounts, but it is doable.

But, once you have a user ID for each conference room you can see the section called "Change the URL for a User's Personal Room" in this document: https://help.webex.com/en-us/nk4o0ym/Manage-Personal-Rooms-for-a-Webex-Site-in-Cisco-Webex-Control-Hub

Response Signature

Thank you for your reply. Since it was too complicated, we will finally go with the breakout sessions solution.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.