cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex sharing Grey screen on attendee view

dinhdung54028
Level 1
Level 1

I Have an  issue with my event, when I sharing content or applications . The view of attendee sees grey on screen in a few points  such as the  image below. Can anyone help me , it's very terrible to attendee experience.48214e316c7b9125c86a.jpg

8 Replies 8

Matt_W
Level 3
Level 3
Yes this is because you are sharing a particular application and Webex is securing information that is not being shared by graying it out to the attendees. You can minimize this view and drag it elsewhere, but it does not completely go away. If you are using multiple displays you can get around this issue by sharing a display or program that does not have hidden content on it. I personally keep all my Webex events info on one display and the content I am sharing on another.

What do you do if you don't have a second display? I was in a meeting with someone this morning and her WebEx windows were blocking the screen. She was on a laptop so couldn't move them. We did use the clear view mode command but then she has no way to navigate.

Does it make a difference if you are the host? When I as the host shared content, she did not see greyed out windows on my screen.

Hi

I have the same issue, when im the host i can share my screen or content without problems, i mean, attendees dont see any gray area, but if Other person share grays areas appear. Did you get the answer? 

Hi

I have the same issue, when im the host i can share my screen or content without problems, i mean, attendees dont see any gray area, but if Other person share grays areas appear. Did you get the answer? 

Ashish Patel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi
Is it the grey box in the top right of the image?
Seems this is the meeting video window on your side greying out the display on the attendee's side. Unless its some other application that you are running on the top right?
If you try to minimise the video window on your side, does it go away on the attendee's side? Not sure why you are seeing this and can you confirm you are using Event centre?
Are you using the Webex Desktop App on your side to share content?
Thanks,
ashish

Response Signature

Hello!  I know this is an old post, but I just started having this same problem, after the newest version of Webex (today's date 7/30/21).  I am using regular Webex Meetings.  It is the Active speaker's box and part of the "you're sharing PowerPoint" box.  I took a side-by-side picture.  On the right is the Host computer and on the left is the attendee view.  This grey box has got to go!  It's covering up my content.

Tech Support Grey Box in Webex.JPG

Thanks for response, yes I'm using Event centre and this exactly is video window webex app . the grey box  on attendee view when every top-up of webex app appears like taskbar(sharing mode ) , polling. I have tried to minimize video window and grey box just minimize too, not disappear completely . 
T.T 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.