Helpful
Replies

Android SDK: sound volume is not always following the system volume

handitan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am using Webex Android 3.4.0.

I noticed that when I make an outgoing call (using dial API) the sound volume will not follow the android system volume for a quite a number of times.

For example, first I set the system volume to be 50% and then I made an outgoing call which produced that 50% volume sound. Then I set it to 100% but when I made the call the volume was still in the previously-set 50% volume.

Eventually it will be 100% volume sound after I made several calls.

Wonder if anyone has any of this issue? And what way to resolve it?

Thank you,

Handi

2 Replies 2

Raffaele Lagana
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you reproduced this issue with our KitchenSink app? https://github.com/webex/webex-android-sdk-example

If yes, can you create a ticket by emailing us on devsupport@webex.com, providing steps to reproduce and the full verbose logs from your test? We'd need to check this further. Thanks

Hi Raffaele,

Yes I was able to reproduce it with the kitchen sink app.
It's easy to reproduce basically just need to adjust the volume the call (let's say have it to the highest) during a call then when you're back in the menu screen where there's "Initiate Call" option, adjust the volume again to the lowest.
Then when making the call, it will not follow the lowest volume that was set but instead it will still follow the volume that was adjusted in the last call.

I will email this.

Thanks,

Handi

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.