Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating refresh token in WxCC automatically

donnytheguy
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm currently using WxCC Flow Designer HTTP request blocks in order to generate new access tokens using a refresh token. However, refresh tokens last about 60 days and in order to create a brand new refresh token, I need to manually use the generated URL in my Cisco Developer Integration Application. Is there a way to automate this process of creating new refresh tokens when the refresh token is about to expire. I'm currently using a Global Variable in WxCC and making the default value the current refresh token to be used across all flows that use Cisco Developer APIs in Flow Designer. Ideally something could automate the process of setting this global variable to a new refresh token once a month or something similar.

Thanks,

Donny Miller

1 Accepted Solution

Arunabh Bhattacharjee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Donny,

Today, we don’t yet have the WebexCC REST API for Global variables - to update the default value of Global Variables on Portal.
Yes ideally you could use a Token Management Scheduler service to automatically refresh this but as of today, you will need to host a middleware service to make API calls within flow.

The good news is that it calling WebexCC APIs within WebexCC Flow Designer is in the flow designer backlog but will take atleast a few months to release, with no exact timelines on when this feature will be available.

So today, to make the API call, one will need to wire up a separate service to call WebexCC APIs so that you get the latest set of access / refresh tokens.

Here is one way to do it, the readme has the video - https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/webex-contact-center-api-samples/tree/main/token-app-sample

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Arunabh Bhattacharjee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Donny,

Today, we don’t yet have the WebexCC REST API for Global variables - to update the default value of Global Variables on Portal.
Yes ideally you could use a Token Management Scheduler service to automatically refresh this but as of today, you will need to host a middleware service to make API calls within flow.

The good news is that it calling WebexCC APIs within WebexCC Flow Designer is in the flow designer backlog but will take atleast a few months to release, with no exact timelines on when this feature will be available.

So today, to make the API call, one will need to wire up a separate service to call WebexCC APIs so that you get the latest set of access / refresh tokens.

Here is one way to do it, the readme has the video - https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/webex-contact-center-api-samples/tree/main/token-app-sample