cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Invalid prolog in SAP SuccessFactors Learning

dja
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all, I want to use Webex to host virtual classes in SAP SuccessFactors Learning.

To do so, I first create an XML configuration within SuccessFactors that starts like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<connector>
<connector_class>com.plateausystems.elms.framework.vle.impl.WebExConnector</connector_class>
<xml_api_address>https://api.webex.com/WBXService/XMLService</xml_api_address>
<url_api_address>https://webexapis.com/v1/</url_api_address>

and SuccessFactors recognizes this configuration as valid XML.

However, in a later step I get the following error message:

javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException - with linked exception: [org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; lineNumber: 1; columnNumber: 1; Content is not allowed in prolog.]

It looks to me like this message is generated by Webex. Is it still correct, that any BOM/whitespace before the the first "<" is forbidden?

Interestingly, SuccessFactors seems to perform some input sanitation. For example, it changes

version="1.1"

to

version="1.0"

whenever I save the configuration. I assume that this sanitation also affects BOM/whitespace before "<".

Additionally, SAP claims that they have successfully implemented this for various customers. 

Have there been any recent changes, that might be the reason for such an error to appear? Could some configuration changes in Webex be the reason for that this works for other customers but not us?

Thank you so much and best regards,

Dominic

3 Replies 3

Raffaele Lagana
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, that error seems to be something specific to SAP SuccessFactors, it does not look related to any of our APIs. Please reach out to SAP support for assistance on that. Should they deem the issue is caused by our APIs, please ask them to provide the exact API and Request + response payloads. Then you can reach out to us with that through a ticket by emailing devsupport@webex.com . 

Hi, thank you so much for your response and the offer! We have asked SAP for the information that you mentioned and will gladly contact you as soon as we have a response.

Best, Dominic

sure, thanks

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.