cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not logging into webex meeting as a right person (Guest)

Ajith Menon
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a webex meeting using REST API and using "Join a Meeting" REST API to get join url for guest ("so that login to meeting will happen with right name & email of guest instead of allowing him to type it").

Note: Attached request & response of "Join a Meeting" REST API call.

When the join url from response is posted in client browser, it joins meeting with guest profile of previously attended person in the desktop app.

Let me know what should we do? Because we need right person with exact email to join meeting for attendance track
5 Replies 5

Lajos Demeter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ajith, I had a very similar problem, and at the end TAC could help. They said they had changed the option "EnableInPrivateMeeting" (Webex-134908).

rlagana7webex
Level 1
Level 1

Does it work when you set joinDirectly to true? It should directly open the meeting on your webex app, but note that if you are logged in with another user on your webex app, then it may ask for the guest's details (due to having different user on the app)

We are setting "joinDirectly" to "false", as meeting launch will not happen directly after invoking the REST API.

Attached the request & response JSON of "Join a Meeting" REST API call, once again for reference.

The URL in the response JSON carries all the required attendee information, despite the launch fails by launching the meeting with previous logged in user.

Can you check for issue on Webex side?

Yes, I had seen that in your payload but I was asking to test it with "true" to see if the behaviour was different. In any case, I tested this scenario with joinDirectly set to false and when I accessed the join Link through browser, it let me get into the meeting directly. However, it will take the logged in person on your webex desktop app as the person who will be joining the meeting. I'm not sure if this is expected, I will check with engineering and come back to you.At the moment, it looks like you need to ensure that the logged in user on the webex app is the user who is intending to use the join link to enter the meeting.

Actually, I just checked my tests further and in fact the correct user got into the meeting for me. I confused myself with all my test users, but in fact the join link I created did allow the expected user (user I added to the request payload) to access the meeting. It even will allow correct user to access the meeting even if the logged in user on the webex app is a different user. So it is working as expected for me. Are you experiencing a different behaviour? If yes, are you trying to create these join links for meetings that are in the past?