Views
Helpful
Replies

Sockets within Embedded Webex App

M.A
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a couple of issues with how applications are loaded within Webex Embedded environment.

1- When loading a webpage with a socket in Messaging space on MacOS, after refreshing the page or clicking reset button we don't get "beforeunload" event. This causes multiple sockets to be open on each refresh. We can of course add timeouts to kill the dead socket connections, however, if Webex Embedded framework calls "beforeunload" event then this won't be an issue. This seems to be working fine on Windows. 

2- The other issue is a bit more critical, the application within Webex Embedded in Meeting space on Windows is loaded twice when using an Admin approved embedded integration app (this part is important.) If we are using an embedded app that has not been approved (i.e. in development) the bug won't manifest. I am not sure why.

The issue is visible when using a sockets within the application. I have written a small application which can reproduce the issue. The app is not loaded twice in the same view but it looks like it is loaded again externally. If you check my screenshot. The app is loaded once but 2 socket connections are open. I believe it is loaded in some hidden webview and it is only happening when I am the person starting the application (i.e. clicking on "Open Together" button)

When the bug happens 

image (4).png

Code to reproduce both bugs can be found here. Please let me know if you guys need help running it. 
https://github.com/malsabbagh/socket-demo 

1 Reply 1

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@M.A would you mind opening support tickets for the above issues and we can check internally and if needed involve the embedded apps engineers. You can open support tickets by sending an email to devsupport@webex.com . Since you are talking about 2 distinct issues, please open 2 separate tickets for them. Thanks

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.