Views
Helpful
Replies

Telephony call Webhook not triggering

ceaura
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm working on implementing a simple feature using Webex webhooks, which involves obtaining the phone number for incoming calls whenever a user receives one (after obtaining the phone number, I intend to display relevant information to the user about that phone number, although this aspect does not concern Webex).

To achieve this, I've attempted to create a webhook for telephony calls using Postman just to test it. The creation process was successful, and I can see it in my list of webhooks. The target URL is set on ngrok. However, when I try to make or receive a call, the webhook doesn't seem to trigger. The incoming call is made by my personnal phone or by another Webex account.

To rule out any issues with ngrok, I created another webhook for messages, rooms, and meetings, and all three of them are working as expected, sending requests to ngrok.

I'm unsure if the "telephony_calls" resource is the correct choice for my use case, or if there are additional steps required when dealing with calls.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or guidance you can provide..

1 Accepted Solution

Webhooks with the "telephony_calls" resource should trigger providing the call is a Webex Calling call. The user must have a Webex Calling license and the call, either made or received, needs to route over the "Webex Calling" service and not the "Call on Webex" service. The user magasin@nexio.info currently only has the "Call on Webex" license. It also doesn't look like the org that this user belongs to has Webex Calling licenses available.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

sandiban
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @ceaura,
Thanks for your patience so far!
To answer your question, first thing first - could you kindly share us the Account you're using for this Test? 
Because in case you're using a Free trial account or, a Sandbox Test User - then I'm expecting you won't have Calling License purchased with your Account and in that case, without the Calling license - you won't be able to test this out.

Second thing, have you registered the Phone Number with Webex Calling and that's too only possible once you've the Calling License as well.
And, please make sure you're calling the number from a Webex device registered with the phone number, not from the Webex App.
Normal Webex App Calls don't get notified with the 'telephony_calls' webhook. That's how the Webhook has been designed.

However, if you find all these above mentioned points already hold true in your test case and still you're facing this Error - then kindly share the details to devsupport@webex.com and it'd raise a ticket in our queue.
We can look into it then further.

Hope that helps!
For any further assistance, please let us know.

Regards!
Sandip

Hi, thank you for your response.

I'm currently testing the webhook with the following Webex account: magasin@nexio.info.

However, I have a question: What if I want to be notified when a user receives a call, even if the call is from a personal phone number, but they receive it on Webex? Is there a webhook or any possible method for achieving this?

Best regards.

Webhooks with the "telephony_calls" resource should trigger providing the call is a Webex Calling call. The user must have a Webex Calling license and the call, either made or received, needs to route over the "Webex Calling" service and not the "Call on Webex" service. The user magasin@nexio.info currently only has the "Call on Webex" license. It also doesn't look like the org that this user belongs to has Webex Calling licenses available.

Hello,

I suppose that this is also why calling the list call method of the api on my webex account gives me this error:

{
  "message": "WxC License not assigned to Organization",
  "errors": [
    {
      "description": "WxC License not assigned to Organization",
      "code": 9011
    }
  ],
  "trackingId": "CXAPI_b80865e4-5c6d-4f28-b790-b54613599564_0"
}

So I'd like to know if it's possible to get a free trial of this licence to carry out devlopment tests on our side. If so, how can we access it? And also if our operator doesn't offer this licence, who should we contact at Webex to possibily have one?

Best regards.

You can create a sandbox org using the link on https://developer.webex.com/docs/developer-sandbox-guide that comes with Webex Calling licenses for you to test/develop with.