cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Transcription Behavior

jozanini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Senario: In A Webex meeting two participants are talk at the same time (let say for a minute).We want to know what is the expected transcription both w/ and w/ out Webex Assistant.1. Will the webex have a block of transcription for both user for that given time2. Webex will suppress the audio of one user and assign that block in transcription to the other user whose audio was not suppressed.3. Another

Thanks in advance for the help. 

1 Accepted Solution

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This is what I have discovered when I did the testing:

When two participants talk at the same time, Webex Assist service will try to capture the words that are clear and accurate. You will not see complete sentences in transcription because of the poor acoustics.

The system will not produce a transcript if the overall quality/accuracy of the transcript is anticipated to be poor. This may happen if the audio quality in the meeting was bad due to the following constraints:

• Noisy background
  • Poor acoustics
  • Non-English words present in the audio
  • Thick accents

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This is what I have discovered when I did the testing:

When two participants talk at the same time, Webex Assist service will try to capture the words that are clear and accurate. You will not see complete sentences in transcription because of the poor acoustics.

The system will not produce a transcript if the overall quality/accuracy of the transcript is anticipated to be poor. This may happen if the audio quality in the meeting was bad due to the following constraints:

• Noisy background
  • Poor acoustics
  • Non-English words present in the audio
  • Thick accents

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.