cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex devices conferences registration (OBTP)

ChaseStevensen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Following the request from a customer, I am just starting with the WebEx room kit scheduling. My goal would be to register a conference to make it appear on the touch controller of the device like with the TMS OBTP feature from TMS. One of the interested customer has an onPrem deployment with CallManager and the second one has his device registered to the WebEx Cloud. 

Can you advise what will be the right way to start and if possible some code samples? Shall I try to connect to the device individually or can I go through a central point such as the CCM?

4 Replies 4

ChaseStevensen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @moneam123 , @Janos Benyovszki , many thanks for your appreciated answers. Let me precise my question. The goal is to replace what the TMSXE does. As much as possible, I do not want to push individual macro on devices as my customers have a number of them. I need to find a way from register the meeting onto the device when the booking is created from Outlook. The TMSXE does this job and I know that Zoom has the same capability but I am not sure where the job is performed. Any idea ?

xAPI provides a bunch of Bookings APIs - e.g. xapi.Command.Bookings.Put() - which should make it feasible to implement a custom OBTP type solution.

The Early OBTP sample app mentioned by Janos above uses this API, so should be a good place to start.  The sample is designed as an on-device macro, however you can effect xAPI requests from another host/process over the network - via SSH/HTTP/websocket - if you want to avoid managing macro deployments.

moneam123
Level 1
Level 1

you can find several macros samples here https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/roomdevices-macros-samples

Janos Benyovszki
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee