cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Webex Embedded app - Meeting Join link and Meeting End event

Saravana K
Level 1
Level 1

I work in a hardware product that provides an unified interface to start meetings on different platforms like Webex using client SDKs. We are developing an embedded app for Webex to provide seamless integration to join the meeting from our device within Webex client itself. To do this, we need to have the meeting join link and the event notification when the meeting ends in the Webex client that user has opened. I reviewed the embedded SDK documentation and I couldn't find any API that provide this information. Is it possible to get these two information in the embedded app ?

3 Replies 3

I also have this same need. I have implemented the integration with REST API, and found some limitations, such as it seems only the meeting organizer can get the meeting link. I haven't tried yet to implement the meeting end webhook, but I might still do that later. Also the /meetings API seems unreliable, for which I'll start a new question.

I agree this is more complicated than it should be.

Jeff Marshall
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That info would need to be obtained outside of the Embedded App SDK. The meeting join link can be pulled from the /meetings REST API and you can create a meeting/ended webhook to be notified when a meeting has ended.

Thanks Jeff. To access the meeting information via REST API, we have to go through oAuth flow outside of the the embedded apps. Also for app wants to get notified only for the current meeting, not for all the meetings. This seems bit inefficient and defeats the purpose of embedded apps. Is there any alternate approach to address this requirement ?